Friday 19 November 2010

Researching Tips on Stop Motion Animation

I found a few helpful videos on YouTube which I will take heed from and apply to my project when I'm making mine.




After the video I made and watching this it reminded me of the importance of having the camera stationary throughout the whole thing.
To eliminate this problem I was considering doing it using a scanner but then I realised I would have to be working next to a scanner (which I dont have) and keep scanning in the new images as I progressed on the picture. Also it would disable me from doing the effect with the scissors I thought of.
So I realised I'm going to need a tripod for my camera.



After watching this video, despite how lame most of these tutorials are, its reminded me that to get a smooother animation there needs to be subtler changes between images and more of them. It also gave me links to some software which can help me animate the video, for the moment I find windows movie maker to be adequate, however I may explore other programs if necessary.


This next video I found very inspirational and I can only hope that my idea can come out as good as this
This also has given me the idea to put music to it or sound effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment